You’re sitting at home.
On your computer, doing who knows what.
The money starts rolling in.
It feels wonderful.
Seriously, who wouldn’t love to make some extra money on the side? Think of all the things that you could buy with even a hundred extra dollars per month. That’s $100 that you can spend on groceries. That’s $100 that you can invest in your business. It’s $100 that you can spend on pretty much anything that you want.
If that doesn’t sound appealing, think of it this way. You only have to make about $3.30 per day. That’s nothing. That’s the price of skipping your morning coffee every day. But, look at how it accumulates:
- $3.30 per day
- $100 per month
- $1,200 per year
I don’t know about you, but that sounds pretty good to me.
Technology is great. No longer do we have to meet with people in person. No longer do we have to wear fancy suits and go to work. If we wanted, we would never have to leave our houses.
Well, to help you out with that idea, here are a few cool ways to make some dough. This is for anyone that wants to make some money online (couch potatoes included, of course).
1. Take online surveys
This is probably one of the easiest ways to make money. If you’ve got a computer and okay internet to connect to, you’re set.
The great thing about taking surveys is that you can make money whenever you have some extra free time. It’s completely flexible to your schedule. If you’ve got a few minutes in the morning, you can take a survey. If you’ve got a few minutes before going to bed, you can take a survey. You can even stay up all night and take surveys if you want.
If you’re interested, here are some trusted survey sites that pay up to $50 per hour:
Swagbucks is a site that pays you to answer questions. However, how much you will make will depend on how much time you’re willing to spend taking surveys. I’ve used Swagbucks before and it’s a good way to make money in those few minutes that you’re bored and not really doing anything. You’re not going to make a ton of money, but some extra cash here and there never hurt.
I’ve researched different sites to ensure that the ones that I have referenced are legitimate and trustworthy. However, the only one that I can completely vouch for is Swagbucks, because it is the only survey site that I have used on multiple occasions. Here are some benefits of making money from online surveys:
- no prerequisites
- easy to sign-up
- quick and easy
- you get to pick the surveys that you want to do
- flexible to your schedule
While there are many great reasons to take surveys, it comes with a double-edged sword. Basically, what you work is what you’re paid for. So if you decide that you don’t want to take surveys anymore, you’re not going to make anymore money. There’s also no room for growth within the company.
2. Become a social media influencer
Whether it’s Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, or whatever you use, it’s no secret that you can make a ton of money. When you’ve got a lot of people that are interested in your content, brands start to take notice. They’re all going “Mine! Mine! Mine!” because they want YOU to endorse THEIR product.
Influencers make money through a variety of different ways. For example, through ads, affiliate marketing, sponsorships, and events. They also many that money by selling products or becoming brand ambassadors.
Here are some of the most profitable social media:
- Facebook – With over a billion active users per day, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Facebook is an amazing way to make money. Facebook’s audience is older, but this means that there are more well-established people. Because they’re likely in a comfortable place in their lives, they are usually more willing and able to spend on a variety of different products. This is why the site is such a money-making machine.With Facebook, it’s really easy to tailor to your audience. This is because groups simplify the process of having to find your audience. It packs everyone that would be interested in what you have to offer into one little package.Need to sell a book about knitting? Join a knitting Facebook group.Want to promote your product locally? Find a group for people that live in your city.Helpful guides for making money on Facebook: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Facebook, 11 Ways to Make Money with Facebook Groups.
- Instagram – Instagram is another popular type of social media. This one is more commonly used by younger people. Think teens and young adults.If you don’t know what it is, it’s a visual site that allows users to post images and videos. Most people use Instagram for personal reasons: to share their own pictures. However, a lot of people have taken it up as a business since it’s possible to make a ton of money by using the platform for advertising.Helpful guides for making money on Instagram: How to Make Money on Instagram (Whether You Have 1K or 100K Followers), How to Make Money with Instagram.
- Youtube – Youtube is a popular site where people can upload or watch videos. It gets over a billion views per day, so it’s definitely a great way to reach a greater audience.Youtube is probably the most time consuming out of all the social media because you have to spend time preparing videos. However, because it is visual content – and people are drawn to it – it is also one of the most worthwhile.Helpful guides for making money on Youtube: Youtube Creator Video Guides, How to Make Money on YouTube (Without a Million Subscribers).
- Pinterest – Pinterest is a visual search engine that is usually classified as social media.A great thing about Pinterest is that it’s the holy grail of blogging, so there’s a lot of information to help you learn about this platform. I have a lot of experience with this platform and I’ve learned that it’s an amazing way to drive traffic to your site.Here are a few helpful guides for making money on Pinterest: 18 Things to Make Your Pin Go Viral, How to Make Money on Pinterest, Pinterest Traffic Avalanche, Pinfinite Growth.
The secret to making a lot of money on these social media sites is to consistently make good content. People like consistency because it lets them know that they can trust you. If you want to connect with companies, check out Linqia because it does the hard work for you.
The downside is that the companies have complete control of what you can and can’t post. So if one day they decide to shut you down, you can’t really do much about it.
3. Sell photos online
I’m surprised that more people don’t mention this when they talk about ways to make money. If you’ve got a remotely nice camera and decent photography skills, you could make a lot of money. As will all things, you’re going to have to put in a little bit of effort if you consistently want to produce cool pictures.
Here are the top places to sell stock photos:
Tip. If you’re taking a lot of nice photos, you might as well post some of them on a social media site like Instagram. Gaining a following on Instagram will open a bunch of doors. You’ll get a ton more opportunities and you’ll be able to do more with your photography if you really love it.
4. Start selling your own products online
This is one of the more obvious ways of making money online, but there are so many different ways to do it. Whether you create the website yourself or sell your product through another website, it’s possible to make thousands of dollars. Setting up an online store isn’t hard to do. Plugins like WooCommerce for WordPress and websites like Shopify make it incredibly easy to start selling.
Once you get past the initial hurdle of setting everything up, you get to focus on creating a bigger and better shop. But of course, if you’re interested in making a lot of money, you’re going to need to market yourself efficiently.
How to make money with an online store: How to Start Making Money with Your Own Online Store in 10 Simple Steps.
5. Invest in stocks
The great thing about technology is that investing is now easier than ever. Online brokerages mean that you can invest from anywhere, as long as you have a decent internet connection and a little bit of money.
However, while investing in stocks is a great way to make money, but this isn’t for people that are risk-averse. With stocks, you can make a ton of money or lose it all if you’re not careful. But even then, most people aren’t going to go around throwing money willy-nilly at every stock. It might sound frightening, but it’s actually not as terrible as it sounds. If you take the time to educate yourself on how the market works, you can make a lot of money with minimal losses.
The great thing about stocks is that it’s pretty easy to make money with them. Once you buy some shares, you can pretty much just sit back and watch it do its thing.
Online stock brokers:
If you don’t know much about stocks, there are a lot of pretty in-depth guides with everything that you need to know as a stock investor: The Quick and Easy Guide to Investing in Stocks and How to Make Money in Stocks.
6. Start a blog
Blogging isn’t easy, but it’s possible to make money within your first month if you play your cards right. Blogging can set you up to so many different opportunities. Affiliate marketing. Advertising. Sponsorships. And the great thing? You can a passive income while you sleep. Yep, you heard me right.
7. Sell your old things
As always, thanks for reading. Have a wonderful day and please share this if you found it useful!